Thursday, June 2, 2011

Heidi - Book Review

I received a beautiful, hardbound, colorfully illustrated copy of Heidi (Children's Classics) when I was just a girl. I broke my hip in an accident with my horse and my great-aunt sent it to me to read while I recovered. Unfortunately, I never read it then. But I cherished the book and packed it with me every time I moved.

Amberly chose Heidi as our bedtime read. We've been reading it the last few months. We all enjoyed every word as I read this delightful and inspiring tale aloud to my girls. I was pleasantly surprised by the simplicity and sweetness of Heidi and the goodness of the characters throughout the book. The idea that one little girl can touch so many hearts is a lovely reminder of the goodness of children.

I also liked the frequent mention and gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father and the blessings He gives. I'm glad that I finally took the time to read this story.

No comments: